Innyvale Athletics Club
Innyvale A.C. is an Athletics Ireland affiliated club based in Dr. Plunkett Park, Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan, catering to all levels of athletes in the local community from ages 6 up to masters. Athletes take part in a varied programme of sprinting, distance running, jumps and throws events. The club serves Kilnaleck, Ballymachugh, Ballyjamesduff, Mullahoran, Denn, Mountnugent and surrounding areas.
Innyvale was reformed in 1998, but has its roots dating back further having previously existed in Ballyjamesduff, where it was named for the river Inny. The club has a proud history of providing sporting opportunities in athletics to children and adults of all abilities and has seen athletes compete at Cavan, Ulster, All-Ireland and International level over the years.
New members of all abilities are welcome to come along to training any time, whether it is to improve fitness for self, to try out new events, compete or to make new friends. All new comers are given a couple of weeks to try out before paying membership, which is €20 per child, €30 per adult. We also charge a nominal €1 fee per child per session towards the running costs of the club.
No Hands Rule
The clubs discipline rules are summed up by the shorthand phrase “No hands rule,” which in full means:
- No hitting, kicking, etc, climbing on someone's back or other inappropriate/unwanted physical contact or horseplay;
- Show fair play and good sportsmanship always;
- No name calling, rumours/gossip etc;
- No belittling another person for anything, but especially for not being as fast as someone else/being the slowest etc;
- We remind kids that training is about improving their own ability not comparing to everyone else. Should only compare to how much they have improved since joining. And while somebody might not be a fast runner, they might be able to run further/longer, jump or throw better than everyone else.
PRO & Registrar
Sonja Smith & Des Mulvey