Club News Archive
|Posted on March 17, 2020 at 7:45 PM|
On the advice of Athletics Ireland and the Government, all group training sessions are cancelled indefinitely. We know this will be disappointing to many of our members but we hope that everyone understands the need to prevent groups of children physically interacting with each other, particularly in a club which heavily uses javelins, shot putts, relay batons etc that are handled by all as well as the number of children at our training.
We hope everyone stays positive and supports each other during this time and of course practices their social distancing, staying two meters away from each other. The more of us who do this, the shorter the Government restrictions will have to be. We look forward to seeing everyone safe and well once things return to normal.
Athletics Ireland statement: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/news/coronavirus-covid-19-update
Athletics Ireland "Keep Ireland Moving" page: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/recreational-running-tips
We hope everyone is managing well during these times and all are safe and well. Keeping occupied at home for long periods can be difficult but if you are stuck for ideas for the kids or adults, here are a few links to different ideas.
- Waterford Sport Partnership have 10 videos on their Youtube channel involving Sportshall Athletics plus others on active homework challenges etc - link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBGS09fJ3FLtatvLCx4tojA/videos
- Athletics Ireland have number of activities on their Keep Ireland Moving page - near the bottom of the page - link: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/recreational-running-tips
- The Community Games have a series of challenges which are updated weekly on their website - link: https:///www.communitygames.ie/challenge.html
- Dare to Believe Circuit Challenge video from the Olympic Federation of Ireland - link: https://www.northernsound.ie/dare-believe-circut-training-video
- Athletics Ireland have posted a similar video with different excercises - link: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/news/decathlon-circuit-challenge/
- If you have taken up running during recent weeks, here is some helpful advise on minimizing the risk of injury - link: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/recreational-running-tips/minimise-risk-of-injury-when-running